Anybody read about that in the coalfield?? More info someone please.
Anybody read about that in the coalfield?? More info someone please.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
It's the same folks that own Wise/Coeburn/Drive-In.
When the Cineplex is complete the other theaters will be closed (as I was told). The Drive-In will stay.
They're going for updated & modern in terms of seating & sound technology, & all digitial. I dont think the screens will be "huge" but the overall environment will be better, and there will be more movie offerings (9 screens vs 5)
There will be 1100 total movie seats, all stadium-style. Two screening rooms will be smaller (60-70 seats). There will be 2 box offices and the ability to buy tickets up to 7 days in advance.
I'm sure the ticket price will be higher than what we've been paying locally, but as it is the price of a ticket at Coeburn or Wise is well below average anyhow.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
If they can simply match how the Riverfill 10 in Pikeville is setup that would be a major improvement. And, BTW the matinee and concession prices at the Riverfill are a bit lower than either Coeburn Cinema or the Plaza.
......and I thought truth was universal. Silly me......
Pikeville's movie theater is ok, I just hope that the one in Norton has a few larger theaters
I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.
I'm not expecting them to be too big. Just hope they can keep it nice. That's one thing the Pikeville one has going for it, it's extremely nice and clean (amazing for something in Kentucky..heh heh)
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
I agree that the Riverfill did sacrifice some size of a few of their theatre's to be able to offer more of them and I suspect that the new Norton one will too. I just hope they keep it as clean and well maintained as the Riverfill.
......and I thought truth was universal. Silly me......
and better seating... I felt packed in like a sardine (sp?) at pikeville... everything was too close...
in a few years it will be jsut as run down as teh others here, they own the lee cinema and it is pathetic. And the same person that has been involved in Management of coeburn and wise willbe involved in management in the new one, this area needs a theater that will be properly maintained and that will keep up with the times, remember hwo long it was that no Sony produced movie was allowed to be shown in Wise or coeburn?
[ QUOTE ]
remember hwo long it was that no Sony produced movie was allowed to be shown in Wise or coeburn?
[/ QUOTE ]
That's because they owed Sony like $30,000.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]
And the same person that has been involved in Management of coeburn and wise willbe involved in management in the new one, this area needs a theater that will be properly maintained and that will keep up with the times, remember hwo long it was that no Sony produced movie was allowed to be shown in Wise or coeburn?
[/ QUOTE ]
The management/ownership at that time was different. Buddy Herron hasn't owned these theaters all that long (he's not even old enough to have owned them too long). He recognizes that the structures/layout/technology are all dated and that a complete rehaul is needed. This is a $2M project he's undertaking in order to bring Wise County theaters into the 21st century.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Bookmarks